Joel H. Brewster
Screenwriter – Producer – Horror & Science Fiction Enthusiast – Graphic T-shirt Collector – Podcaster
Joel H. Brewster Writer Resume 2022
Twitter – Facebook – Instagram
Joel H. Brewster is a horror and sci-fi screenwriter who is pushing the boundaries of the genres he works in by creating twisted screenplays with bloody resolutions.
His passion for screenwriting is matched only by his dedication to diversity and bringing unique perspectives to his stories. Based in Victoria, BC – a city known for its spooky lore and one of the most haunted places in Canada – Joel’s work is rooted in the eerie atmosphere of his surroundings.
With a keen eye for detail and an unquenchable thirst for horror, he is a force to be reckoned with in the world of screenwriting.
Screenwriting Accolades and Accomplishments
- 2022 Blood in the Snow Horror Development Lab Selection – Tourist Season (Feature Film Pitch)
- 2022 Storyhive Digital Shorts Funded Film – The Victoria I Know (Dramatic Horror Short)
- 2022 Vancouver Badass Film Festival Finalist – The Hands That Touched the Devil (Feature Screenplay)
- 2022 Vancouver Badass Film Festival Semi-Finalist – The Ark (Sci-Fi Short Screenplay)
- 2021 Barnstorm Film Festival Shortlist – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Horror Feature)
- 2021 The Vancouver Badass Film Festival Winner – The Victoria Incident (Sci-Fi/Horror Feature)
- 2021 The Vancouver Badass Film Festival Finalist – Invasive Creatures (Horror Feature)
- 2021 ScreenCraft Sci-Fi & Fantasy Competition Quarterfinalist – The Victoria Incident (Sci-Fi Feature)
- 2020 ScreenCraft Horror Competition Semifinalist – Invasive Creatures (Horror Feature)
- 2020 Barnstorm Film Festival Shortlist – Short Film Script – The Ark
- 2020 The Vancouver Badass Film Festival Finalist – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Horror Feature)
- 2018 ScreenCraft Pilot Search Quarterfinalist – Ritual (TV Pilot)
- 2016 Storyhive Digital Shorts Funded Film – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Horror Short)
- Coverfly Endorsed Writer
Screenplays in Post Production
- Frankenstein’s Podcast Guest Spot – Episode 18: Krampus & his Minions
- Frankenstein’s Podcast Guest Spot – Episode 38: The Candymen
- Frankenstein’s Podcast Guest Spot – Episode 40: Pumpkinhead
- HornBloodFire Podcast Guest Spot – Episode 3: Baskin
- Horror and More with Anya Gore Podcast Guest Spot – Interview About Modern Horror
In the Media
- Saanich News – The Victoria I Know (Short Film) – Interview
- Victoria Buzz – The Victoria I Know (Short Film) – Interview
- Chek News – The Victoria I Know (Short Film) – Interview
- Dread Central Article- The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Short Film)
- Horror Geek Life Article – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Short Film)
- Nightmare Conjurings Article – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Short Film)
- Pop Horror Article – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Short Film)
- Ihorror Article – The Man in the Rabbit Mask (Short Film)
- Horror Society Article – Becky (Short Film)
- The Sadness (2022)
- Speak No Evil (2022)
- Nope (2022)
- RRR (2022)
- Possession (1981)
- Psycho Goreman (2020)
- Titane (2021)
- 13 Assassins (2010)
- Maniac (2012)
- The Descent (2006)
- The Descent Part 2 (2009)
- The Fly (1986)
- Raw (2016)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
- The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 + 2 (2012)
- Arachnophobia (1990)
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020)
- Get Out (2017)
- Hot Fuzz (2007)
- Black Dynamite (2009)
- I Saw the Devil (2010)
- The Witch: Subversion Part 1 (2018)
- Blade of the Immortal (2017)
- Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
- Oculus (2014)
- The Call (2020)
- Attack the Block (2011)
What is Westcoast Strange?
I’ve always loved horror and science fiction, whether it’s writing scripts or watching movies, the genres have always had a special place in my heart.
I created this website to talk about the movies that excite and inspire me, in the hopes that whoever is reading may also find something weird to watch among the endless sea of content.
Additionally, if updates on my own personal writing career arise this will be the forum I’ll be using to keep anyone interested and wanting to follow my career journey.
This is a place where horror and science fiction are praised in their purest form and reviewed by a fan of the two genres.
Film, television, comics, shorts, and any other works will be discussed on this page, and some will include original projects from the author.
There will be no cheap shots taken at other people’s art on this site, so if you’re expecting bad reviews on anything posted, you may be disappointed.